Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a new day!!!!

So today I started my new weight loss journey. I checked myself back into WeightWatchers. WeightWatchers is the only way I can lose weight. There is a lot of conflicting information about weight loss out there. Just focus on protein. Carbs are all that matters. It's all about fat. Just focus on fiber. None of these is right, but each one has a kernel truth. Trying to figure out which parts to pay attention to and which one to ignore? Impossible. The BEST way to lose weight (for me) is to focus on how all these things-not just protein, just carbs, just fat, just fiber, but all of them- impact my body.

I MUST get my body and weight under control before I even think about having children. I am usually good with maintaining my weight and trying to be active. But over the last year, I have been OUT of control. I am the biggest that I have ever been in my life and I am so uncomfortable. I was stressed with my internship and eating anything that I could grab when I got home. I didn't make the time to plan out my meals like I use to, and it definitely took a beating on my body. Bram and I are and were on completely different schedules which was and is hard. I was out the door by 7 and didn't get home until after 5 and Bram works from 3 to 11, so we never saw each other. (Plus Bram did most of the cooking and knew the WW guidelines and would cook yummy WW meals-obviously that isn't happening anymore.) Luckily, Bram has been a huge motivation for me. He started his weight loss journey about a month ago and has lost about 20 pounds. Another motivation we both have (besides looking good for each other) ha-ha- is our cruise we're going on at the end of July. So people, IT'S A NEW DAY, AND I'M FEELING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your blog!!!! Maybe it'll renew my motivation for mine :) Also, I love WW! I'll be honest though, the new plan was not cutting it for me, so I went back to the old one. Good Luck Laurie!

    ReplyDelete